Cabildo de La Palma, the island’s government, has launched today in a press conference the 2nd Edition of Platano de Canarias Transvulcania Training Camp, to be held at La Palma Teneguía Princess Hotel between the 1st and the 5th of April 2015. The panel of speakers and trainers will be headed by top runners Dakota Jones and Fernanda Maciel.
The event will consist of physical trainings, technical talks and panel discussions with experienced professional runners, sport doctors, physiotherapists, personal trainers, nutritionists and other surprising guests.
Mariano Hernández, Councilor of Sports, celebrated the race’s ever growing prestige in the international trail running circuit: “The runners’ support, the beauty of La Palma’s natural sceneries and the solid backing of its inhabitants are allowing us to provide additional events like these», said Mr. Hernandez, who is also Cabildo’s Councilor of Finance.
Manuel Luis Barrios, Sports Manager at SODEPAL (Cabildo’s agency in charge of Transvulcania), highlighted the participation of two of the circuit’s top athletes: Dakota Jones (Winner of Transvulcania 2012) and Fernanda Maciel (from North Face International, who recently finished second at the Ultra Trail World Tour 2014). They will both share their personal and professional experience in the ever growing sport of trail running. On the other hand, Mr. Barrios stressed how appropiate the Training Camp will be for the preparation of any runner wishing to take part in a high intensity race like Transvulcania.
Finally, he explained that indoor activities will be held at Hotel La Palma Teneguía Princess, while participants would be able to join Fernanda Maciel and Dakota Jones for a number of trail runs. During the week, participants will enhance their knowledge of ultrarunning techniques, while simultaneously gaining fitness under close supervisión of elite runners.
Hotel La Palma Teneguía Princess
Transvulcania Training Camp will be held at La Palma Teneguía Princess (one of the race’s official hotels), from the 1st to the 5th of April, which are also the dates of the Easter Holidays in Spain. The hotel manager, Javier Bellido, said they will grant special prices for the partners, friends and families of the Camp’s participants, so that they can also enjoy the island, in full board confort, while based in one of La Palma’s best hotels.
The Training Camp fee includes:
- Accomodation for 4 days and 3 nights (covering the entire duration of the Training Camp), all meals included, at the Teneguía Princess Hotel.
- Technical talks, discussion panels and practical workshops with a comprehensive group of experts: sport physicians, physiotherapists, nutritionists and personal trainers.
- Physical trainings with two international runners: Fernanda Maciel and Dakota Jones, through some of the finest La Palma trails.
- Transfers to and from Teneguía Princess Hotel and the designated trails.
- 50% discount when registering for any of Transvulcania 2015 races: Ultramarathon, Half Marathon and Vertical Kilometre, to be held on the 7th and 9th of May 2015.
- Exclusive Transvulcania Training Camp 2015 gifts, provided by its sponsors.